The Canmore Public Library will be reopening to the public on Monday June 21st, 2021.
- Masks are mandatory to enter Elevation Place and the Library
- There will be very limited seating available due to capacity limits.
- Number of patrons in the Library space will be limited.
- You will find hand sanitizer stations located throughout the Library, please help yourself before, during and after your visit.
- We encourage patrons to limit their time in the Library.
- There will be no public washroom available in the Library at this time, please see the TOC website for details on availability of public washrooms.
- Room bookings and exam invigilation services are not available at this time.
Borrowing and Returns:
- We are thrilled to announce that the stacks will be open for browsing upon reopening on June 21st, 2021.
- If you aren’t comfortable entering the Library our curbside pickup service will continue, please book your pickup appointment online once notified that your holds are available.
- Specialty items such as the walking poles and physical literacy kits will be available to borrow.
- All materials returned to the Library will be quarantined for at least 1 day before being checked in. Any fines that accrue during quarantine will be waived until further notice.
- The book drop is available for returns 24/7. All materials should be returned in the book drop before entering the building. If you have an item that will not fit in the book drop please bring it in to the Library and place in the return bin located inside the main doors.
Computers and Photocopying:
- There will be public computers available, however not all stations will be available for use. All available stations will be spaced to ensure physical distancing.
- All computer stations will be sanitized after each use—please be patient.
- Time on computers will be one 30 minutes session a day.
- Printing is now available, 25 cents per page, payment by cash only.
- Photocopying and scanning services are available. Remember to bring your own USB stick if you want to scan or save any documents.
Programs and Events:
- All Library programs and events are currently being offered online.
- There will be no in-house programs/events until further notice.
- Visit our Programs & Events page or follow Canmore Public Library on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram to learn about upcoming events.
- Face coverings will be worn by all staff.
- Front desk is equipped barriers to safely separate staff and patrons.
- Donations of used books/materials will not be accepted at this time.
- Book sale items are unavailable until further notice.
*All Library Operations, Procedures and Protocols are subject to the laws, rules, guidelines set out by the Canmore Library Board, Town of Canmore and Health Authorities and are subject to change quickly and without notice.