As we read through all your thoughtful responses to our reopening survey, we noticed a number of reoccurring themes and questions. We have tried to answer your questions to the best of our ability but if you still have a question regarding Library service, please feel free to give us a call at the Library or send us an email.
Again, thank you so much for all your comments and questions and yes, we miss you too!
- As we are located within Elevation Place our facility remains closed by Provincial decree. Our program room door is an emergency exit and is being used by staff for our curbside pickup service. We do not have another access point that would allow us to safely let people in and out.
- We are waiting for PPE and supplies that will allow us to make the necessary modifications to our space to safely serve our community.
- The Library is a high-touch area and we do not have the supplies or staff-power to sanitize every surface that might be touched while people are visiting.
- As we are located within Elevation Place our facility remains closed by Provincial decree. Due to our location inside the larger facility, and because we do not have a separate public entrance we cannot provide public access to the Library until the rest of the building is open.
- We will be offering curbside pick-up starting mid-June.
- Curbside pick-up will start mid-June. We will be calling everyone who currently has items on hold to pick up their items in the near future to clear out our backlog.
- Not right now. Regular interlibrary loan service throughout the province is not currently available and we are not sure when it will resume.Currently we can only offer items that are physically here in the Canmore Library.
- Our primary concern is maintaining the safety of our staff and patrons. We are following the recommended guidelines established by The Public Libraries Services Branch (PLSB) of Alberta which has recommended quarantining all items for at least 72 hours.
- When library materials are returned in our bookdrop everything is quarantined in a designated area for a minimum of 72 hours before staff handle them to check them in.
- Staff clean and sanitize all shared work surfaces, wear appropriate PPE and follow established hand washing protocols before, during and after handling the materials.
- No. The books are not weather proof and would be ruined and unusable after a damp or rainy day.
- Indoor locations have indicated that they are not interested in having anything which would encourage repeated touching at this point.
- Yes, but we will be offering online programs only.
- Until we have proper PPE and Elevation Place is open we are unable to allow access to the building.