The Canmore Public Library is now accepting applications for the position of Library Clerk - Circulation Assistant/French Programmer
We are seeking applicants for a part-time position. Candidates must be available to work a flexible schedule that includes a combination of regular weekdays and weekend shifts and some evenings. The starting hourly rate is $18.
- Coordinate and run Club de Lecture each month
- Search, review and compile suggested lists of adult, YA and children’s materials to purchase for the French collection
- Translate English brochures, posters and other documents into French
- Provide excellent customer service to library patrons
- Circulation of materials (checking items in and out)
- Shelf reading
- Helping patrons find books and items and answering customer questions.
- Handling telephone inquiries
- Registering new members
- Assisting users on the public computers
- Handling cash for fines and damaged items
- Assisting other staff as needed
Tasks which may be assigned:
- Distribution of public relations materials (program posters etc.)
- Preparing periodicals for circulation
- Preparing/maintaining displays
- Unpacking mail/courier deliveries
- Assisting with or running a library program
- Preparation and drop off of bank deposit
- Strong customer service skills mandatory
- Computer literacy: competency in using computer databases and various software programs
- Fully bilingual with strong reading and writing comprehension in English and French
- Able to stand for long periods of time, and able to lift, carry and move library materials
- Detail oriented and well organized
- High School diploma and some post-secondary courses or previous library experience preferred
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by 4pm, Wednesday, February 15th, 2023 to:
Michelle Preston, Library Director
Canmore Public Library
101-700 Railway Avenue
All candidates are thanked for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Volunteering for the Library. We currently have no volunteer opportunities available, but feel free to fill out the Volunteer Application Form and we will keep your application on file.
Library Volunteers will also need to complete COVID-19 waiver form. Find the printable PDF below.