Friday, January 17th, 2020
The Canmore Public Library is now accepting applications for the position of
Library Clerk- Circulation Assistant
We are seeking applicants for a part-time position. Candidates must be available to work a flexible schedule of 4 shifts per week that includes a combination of regular weekdays and weekend shifts and some evenings.
- Provide customer service to library patrons by signing in and out library materials, helping patrons find books and items and answering customer questions.
- Register new library memberships
- Collect payments
- Sort and shelve materials
- Process library materials and courier deliveries.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong customer service and communication skills mandatory
- Computer literacy: Competency in using computer databases and various software programs, troubleshooting public computers
- Physical Ability: standing for long periods of time, moving books and carts, bending and lifting
- Organization and time management
- Ability to work as part of a team
- High School diploma required, previous Library experience an asset
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by 4pm on Friday, February 14th, 2020 to
Michelle Preston, Library Director
Canmore Public Library
101-700 Railway Avenue
All candidates are thanked for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please complete the form below to apply for volunteer positions.
Volunteer Application Form