We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Library Clerk - Circulation Assistant
We are seeking applicants for (1) one-year maternity leave part-time position, and (1) part-time position, 24-27 hours per week.
Candidates must be available to work a flexible schedule that includes a combination of regular weekdays and weekend shifts and some evenings. The starting hourly rate is $18.
- Provide excellent customer service to library patrons
- Circulation of materials (checking items in and out)
- Shelf reading
- Helping patrons find books and items and answering customer questions.
- Handling telephone inquiries
- Registering new members
- Assisting users on the public computers
- Handling cash for fines and damaged items
- Assisting other staff as needed
Tasks which may be assigned:
- Distribution of public relations materials (program posters etc.)
- Preparation and drop off of bank deposits
- Preparing periodicals for circulation
- Preparing/maintaining displays
- Unpacking mail/courier deliveries
- Assisting with or running a library program
- Strong customer service skills mandatory
- Computer literacy: competency in using computer databases and various software programs
- Strong reading and writing comprehension
- Able to stand for long periods of time, and able to lift, carry and move library materials
- Detail oriented and well organized
- High School diploma and some post-secondary courses or previous library experience preferred
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by 5pm, Friday, May 20th 2022 to:
Michelle Preston, Library Director
Canmore Public Library
101-700 Railway Avenue T1W 1P4
All candidates are thanked for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Does volunteering at the library interest you? Complete the Volunteer Application Form to apply to be a Canmore Public Library Volunteer!
Library Volunteers will also need to complete COVID-19 waiver form. Find the printable PDF below.