The Canmore Public Library is proud to be located in Elevation Place.
Elevation Place Amenities:
- 25 metre pool with eight lanes
- A leisure pool that simulates a beach edge, moving to 1.5 metres deep
- A lazy river, water slide and a children’s play area
- A steam room as well as a 25-person hot tub
- Modern locker rooms with showers
- On-deck multipurpose room
Need to Know:
- Children 8 and under require direct supervision of a caregiver
- Caregivers must be 16 years or older
- One caregiver is required for every 4 children ages 8 and under
- Children 9 years of age and older may come to Lane Swim and Public Swim on their own
- All children attending Family Swim require direct supervision of a caregiver
- Children need to be 42” tall to ride on the water slide
- Infant swimwear requirements include both an absorbent swim diaper and an elastic plastic pant. For your convenience, both are available for purchase at the Customer Experience desk.
- The minimum height for the water slide is 42"
- Babies and toddlers should have their diapers checked a minimum of every half hour when they are in the pool
- Potty trained toddlers and preschoolers should be taken to the washroom every hour when they are in the pool
Our climbing gym is like no other. Designed by the world renowned climbing company Walltopia, our interior will make you forget you’re indoors due to the natural light and open spaces. Our training area has been designed so you can make the most of your climbing experience. Whether you are a beginner or training for international competition, you will love our wall! If you have never climbed before, our staff will show you where and how to start your vertical adventures – It's great family fun for ages 4 years and older! Climbers under 13 years old require adult supervision at all times in the climbing wall. First time at the wall? You must complete a waiver at the Climbing Desk:
- Climbers 18 years and older require photo ID to sign the waiver.
- Climbers under 18 years old must have a waiver signed at the climbing desk by their mother or father with photo ID.
- 1,000 square meters (11,000 sqr ft) of climbing surface as high as 15 m (45') at its peak
- Varied terrain with over 100 colour-coded climbs for climbers of all abilities
- Over 40 climbing lines for top roping or lead climbing
- Seven automatic belay systems that require minimal training or experience
- Extensive bouldering terrain
- Equipment rentals for indoor climbing
Elevation Place Climbing Gym Events Schedule
Cardio and Weight Room
Plenty of workout space to meet your personal exercise and training goals. Overlooking the new Aquatics centre, enjoy the variety of cardio machines while burning a few calories.
- 2000 sq. feet of fitness (plus our recently expanded stretching/plyometrics room)
- 11 pieces of cardio equipment
- new weight training equipment
- overlooking the Aquatics centre